The Award winning Editorial Team includes:
Deborah Houlding* (Editor) and David
*Winner of the P.A.I.'s 1993 Articles Award for "Consistently well written
Assisted by David McCann and Dylan
Contributing Astrologers include:
||Carol A. Wiggers
Now in its third year of publication, and going from strength to strength, astrologers
throughout the world are turning to The Traditional Astrologer as an essential
reference for techniques and historical biographies. The issues link together, building-up
into an encyclopaedic collection and allowing the serialisation of major works and
text-books from the past. In each issue we feature the life and work of a notable
historical astrologer, and take a detailed look at some of the traditional techniques that
form the backbone of today's modern practice.
horaries elections decumbitures ingresses events fixed stars
The Traditional Astrologer is no dry, crusty publication. Our
belief that the best way for astrologers to enhance contemporary teachings, is through a
working understanding of established techniques, is demonstrated through up-to-date
examples, modern illustrations and chart judgements. Together with a wide range of general
articles, a lively letters section, book reviews, stimulating debate and fact-filled
tables, The Traditional Astrologer is fast gaining a reputation as one of the
world's premier astrological periodicals.
SOME OF OUR REGULARLY RUN FEATURES INCLUDE :
- The Art of Horary :
- Instruction on drawing up and interpreting horaries
- The Ninth Sphere :
- The sky beyond the zodiac, featuring the fixed stars, constellations, comets, etc.
- The Life and Work of...:
- Each issue features the life and contributions of a major astrologer from the past
- In Introduction to Decumbiture :
- How to draw decumbitures to assess health, vitality and disease by use of the
- Strength & Relationships of the Planets :
- The use of dignities, antiscia, aspects and all the contacts and placements that turn
planets into vivid significators
- Glossary of Terms :
- A thorough dictionary of traditional astrological terms and techniques
- William Lilly's War Charts :
- Lilly's horaries brought to life, with a fascinating look at the historical and
political background of his Civil War charts
- Clues in the Cosmos :
- Past and present mysteries illuminated by the heavens
- Reprints Section:
- On-going reprints of important traditional works
- Parallels of Declination, Progressions, Directions - we'll show you how its done
Amongst the many articles in each issue we regularly
run 'special features',
complete with fact-filled tables
- Issue 1 Attention all Shipping! :
- A survey of rules concerning sea and long distance travel, examining charts ranging from
a 5th century katarche on the safety of a ship at sea to more recent events such as the
disasters of the Titanic, Herald of Free Enterprise and Braer.
- Issue 2 Eclipses; Darkening of the Light :
- A run-down on eclipses from their astronomical basis to their astrological
interpretation. Featuring aphorisms, timing, tables of 20th century eclipses, and the
effect of preceding eclipses to the King's Cross Underground disaster and Prince Charles's
- Issue 3 Testimonies of Wealth & Fortune :
- How to judge the conditions of material wealth, including aphorisms, advice on elections
for financial matters, examples from the work of Vettius Valens and William Lilly, and a
look at the nativity of multi-millionaire, J. Paul Getty.
- Issue 4 Seeing Stars :
- An introduction to a regular series: 'The Ninth Sphere'. Comprehensive table of the
principle fixed stars, survey of the history of star meanings, review of 'fixed star'
literature, study on the constellation Perseus, and an examination of the use of fixed
stars in an ingress chart.
- Issue 5 The Moon - The Lantern of Heaven :
- Astronomical and astrological influences of the Moon including statistical research into
its effects, Moon lore, omens, astrological attributes, the use of the Moon in elections,
and a traditional look at the sublunar sphere.
- Issue 6 Classical Use of Triplicities :
- The origin of triplicity rulerships and their use in symbolic classical astrology.
- Tonalpohaulli: The Aztec Count of Fate : Mexican celestial mythology.
- Issue 7 Lights in the Sky - part 1 :
- The astronomical origin of astrological symbolism.
- Introduction to Pythagorean Numerology : The mystical association of shape and number.
- Issue 8 Solar returns :
- Including 'Precession Free Solar Returns' and Gadbury's use of Solar Returns
- Issue 9 The Planetary Parts :
- Including a tradtional list of all the principle Parts
- Issue 10 The Origin of House Meanings :
- The first of a three-part presentation of innovative research into the origin and
history of the houses, their traditional meanings and why they mean what they do
- Issue 11 Saturn, the Great Teacher :
- Astronomical facts, astrological interpretation and attributes, Lilly's rulerships.
Saturn in Myth and Occult Philosophy. Comfrey, the embodiment of a Saturnine Herb.
- Issue 12 The Sun, Ruler of the Sky :
- Astronomical facts, astrological interpretation and attributes, Lilly's rulerships. The
Sun in Myth and Occult Philosophy. Copernicus and the Sun-centred universe.
We feature the life and work of a notable
astrologer in each issue:
Issue 1 - Life
and work of Ptolemy -
Issue 2 - Life and work of William
Issue 3 - Robert Recorde, John
Dee's Precurser -
Issue 4 - Al-Biruni and
Arabic Astrology -
Issue 5 - Culpeper,
Herbalist of the People -
Issue 6 - Firmicus, Profile
of a Latin Astrologer -
Issue 7 - Life and work of
Placidus de Titus -
Issue 8 - Tycho Brahe, A
King amongst Astrologers -
Issue 9 - Johannes Kepler
and the Music of the Spheres -
Issue 10 - Life and work of
Abraham Ibn Ezra -
Issue 11 - John Gadbury,
Politics and the decline of Astrology -
Issue 12 - Marsilio Ficino
: A Solar Talisman -
We also publish translations of important works
and serialise traditional astrological texts:
Issue 1 - 3
Directions & Directing by H.S. Green (1905)
The Seven Bodies of Man in Hermetic Astrology by D.
Labouré (French translation)
Issue 5 - 7
Claude Dariot's Brief & Easy Introduction to the Stars
Issue 8 - 12
A complete reproduction of the Pingree translation of
Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus of Sidon (1st
Each issue outlines the major rules and
demonstrates how to judge charts on specific topics:
Issue 1 Property
Issue 2 Love Charts
Issue 3 Getting the Job
Issue 4 Finding Lost
Issue 5 Planetary Hours
Issue 6 Pregnancy
Issue 8 Considerations
Issue 9 Fugitives and
Issue 10 Trials
Issue 11 Death
Issue 12 Investments and
Backissues currently available
- The Life & Work of Ptolemy , Explanation of Essential & Accidental Dignities ,
An Introduction to Decumbiture Horary: Property Matters , Attention all shipping:
Aphorisms for Travel at Sea; Disaster of the Braer; Dennis Elwell's Astrological Warning
of Trouble at Sea , A History of Metals & Planets , Glossary of Traditional Terms
William Lilly's War Charts: Will Rupert Worst the Earl of Essex? Reprint of H.S. Green's Directions
& Directing, part I.
- Life & Work of William Lilly , Explanation of Debility and Reception , Decumbiture
& Humoral Physiology , Horary: Love Charts , Eclipses: Darkening of the Light; King's
Cross Eclipse; Traditional Aphorisms for Eclipses; A Right Royal Eclipse; Timing Eclipses
, Lilly's War Charts: Should His Majesty Procure Forces out of Ireland? Star Beasts:
Egyptian Goddesses & Zodiac Myths , Directions & Directing, part II.
- Star of Bethlehem , Philosophy of Sign Rulership , The NYC Building Strike of 1991 ,
House Rulership in Decumbiture , Lilly's War Charts: Should Essex Take Reading? ,
Testimonies of Wealth & Fortune: Aphorisms Concerning Wealth; Nativity of an English
Merchant; J. Paul Getty The Richest American; Manna From Heaven , On the Brink of
the Serbian Eclipse , John Dee's Precursor , Horary: Getting the Job , Directions
& Directing, part III.
- Al-Biruni & Arabic Astrology , Antiscia , The 1st house in Decumbiture , Horary:
Finding Lost Objects , The Ninth Sphere: Origin of Star Meanings; Table of Principal Fixed
Stars; Examination of 1910 Ingress; Study of Constellation Perseus , Ingresses &
Mundane Astrology , Parallels of Declination in Natal Astrology , The Bickerstaff Papers ,
The Seven Bodies of Man in Hermetic Astrology.
- Nicholas Culpeper; Herbalist of the People , Gadbury's examination of Culpeper's
Horoscope , Horary: Planetary Hours , The Ninth Sphere: Chiron, the Stellar Story , Star
Catalogue Aries to Virgo , The Moon, Lantern of Heaven; Electing by the Moon; The
Sublunar Sphere , Clues in the Cosmos: Disappearance of Susie Lamplugh ,Origin of the
Planetary Exaltations , Simon Forman a Cautionary Tale , Dariot's Judgement of
the Stars, part I.
- Julius Firmicus Maternus, profile of a Roman Astrologer , Decumbiture: The 6th House
& Disease , The Ninth Sphere: Shelley a Tragic Romantic Star Catalogue Libra to
Pisces , Horary: Pregnancy Charts , Dictionary of Terms: A , Tonalpuhalli: The Aztec Count
of Fate , Classical Use of Triplicities , Predictive Methods and Primary Directions ,
Clues in the Cosmos: The Black Panther , Dariot, part II.
- Life & Work of Placido de Titis , Placido's Method of House Division , Nativity of
Queen Elizabeth I , The Estonia Tragedy , Dictionary of Terms B to D , The
Constellation Capricorn , Decumbiture: the 7th house & the Physician , Lights in the
Sky - The Inferior Planets , An Introduction to Pythagorean Numerology , Mundane
Directions made (relatively) Simple , Arhat Answers , Dariot, part III .
- Tycho Brahe, a King amongst Astrologers , Decumbiture: The 10th House the
Medicine , The Kobe Earthquake , Horary: Considerations before Judgement , Precession-free
Solar Returns , Gadbury's use of Solar Returns , Arhat Answers Dictionary of Terms: E to I
, Revisioning Psychological Astrology; a Convergence with Tradition , Classical Origin of
Aspects , Dorotheus, Carmen Astrologicum, part I.
- Johannes Kepler and the Music of the Spheres , Decumbiture A Study of Infertility
, Horary: Fugitives and Missing People , The Ninth Sphere: Andromeda Legend in the Stars ,
The Fall of Oscar Wilde , Planetary Parts Fortune, Spirit & the Lunation Cycle
List of Principal Parts , Ancient Timekeeping and the Moment of Birth Dictionary of
Terms: J to O , Astrology Course Reviews , Dorotheus, Carmen Astrologicum, part
- The Life & Work of Abraham Ibn Ezra Decumbiture , 120 Aphorisms from Beginning
of Wisdom , Decumbiture: Supplementary Signification of Disease , The Rise and Fall
of the Astrological Zodiac, part 1 , Horary: Trials & Lawsuits , Lights in the Sky,
part II The Superior Planets , Dictionary of Terms P , The Origin of House
Meanings, part 1 , Astrology Course Reviews , Book Reviews , Dorotheus, Carmen
Astrologicum, part III
- John Gadbury; Politics and the Decline of Astrology , Personal Appearance and Physical
Peculiarities , Dictionary of Terms: Q - R , Saturn; The Great Teacher; Comfrey the
Embodiment of a Saturnine Herb; Saturn in Myth and Occult Philosophy , The Nativity of
Oliver Cromwell , Starwatch , The Art of Horary; Death , The Rise and Fall of the
Astrological Almanac, part II , The Origin of House Meanings, part III , Classical
Association of the Houses , H.R.H. The Queen Mother; An Exercise in Rectification , Myths
among the Stars: Corvus the Crow, Crater the Cup and Labrum , Carmen Astrologicum,
Magazines may be purchased individually, by
subscription or in bulk.
We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover
Card, Bravo, American Express, Check or cash.
Individual Back Issues: $10.00 U.S.
Subscription to 4 issues (13-16) $40.00 to U.S.
Subscription to 4 issues (13-16) $60.00 U.S. Air Mail to countries outside U.S.
Bulk order of 12 issues(1-12) $120.00 U.S.
Bulk order of 12 back-issues + subscription to issues 13-16
$160.00 to U.S.
Bulk order of 12 back-issues + subscription to issues 13-16
$170.00 U.S. Air Mail to all other countries
JustUs & Associates
1420 NW Gilman
Suite # 2154
WA 98027 7001
Tel: 425-391-8371 or fax: 425-392-1919
Return to JustUs
& Associates Menu
Return to Front Page
|Return to Traditional
Astrology Home Page |